Shrink wrapping might be one of the most useful and efficient forms of packaging, that offers protection as it secures durability to whatever item it seals, for this form of packaging cannot be limited a certain size nor a certain shape. If faced with the decision of what items to best seal with shrink wrap, here are ten:
- Electrical materials – as these materials cannot be exposed to temperatures beyond or below what their composition can adapt to, the shrink wrap stabilizes and maintains the right humidity within the package, ensuring the item keeps its good condition.
- Laboratory tools – to avoid contamination and to secure specimen, the shrink wrap is an innovative way to use in the scientific field. It tightly seals without the possibility of leakage.
- Sharp objects – especially when in transit, accidents can be avoided when sharp objects like knives and mechanical tools are shrink wrapped. The strong plastic wrapping serves as a hindrance for penetration.
- Breakables – perfect for storing stacked objects like kitchen wares for it places all the objects in one position making the items more compact and not easily moved by sudden movements, thus assists in the preservation of the same.
- Money – not the ordinary way of safekeeping, but if you happen to be in a position to keep bundles of bills, shrink wrapping can easily detect tampering and thus serves as a deterrent to whoever dares to get from your stash. It also provides easier monitoring and counting.
- Medicine – with its delicate nature, shrink wrapping is the most convenient and effective way of giving security to these items because quiet obviously, no one wants to take pills from a damaged bottle.
- Bottled Drinks – prone to spillage, sealing bottled drinks is a must. Bottle caps must be tightly sealed to ensure that buyers get the right volume of what they paid for.
- Liquid soaps and the like – squeezable bottles tend to be exposed to a lot of pressure due to external forces especially when in transit. It is then important that before these types of items are shipped, they are secured so as to avoid waste that will render the product not suitable for selling.
- Food; Dairy Products – to prolong shelf life, perishable products should sealed carefully so as to avoid air from sipping into the package which makes the spoilage quicker. Sealing food items cautiously will ensure longevity and will help manufacturers enjoy more profit.
- CDs DVDs – items used for computers or to other electronic devices are usually elusive; these items are not durable as they easily break and on top of that, they cannot get wet nor have moisture, otherwise they will be inutile. Hence the shrink wrap secures said items from all contingencies and makes it withstand such external factors.
Did we missed something? Share your thoughts. Or you might be interested to read the 10 Reasons To Switch from Manual Hand Wrapping to Pallet Wrapping Machines